Saturday 12th Feb10:00am – 12:00am SLT (11:30am – 01:30pm IST) – DJ Aryan 12:00am – 01:00am SLT (01:30pm – 02:30pm IST) – Live Performance by Isabella Rumsford 01:00am – 03:00am SLT (02:30pm – 04:30pm IST) – DJ Abhi 03:00am – 04:00am SLT (04:30pm – 05:30pm IST) – Seven Seas Fishing Contest 04:00am – 06:00am SLT (05:30pm – 07:30pm IST) – DJ Sam 06:00am – 08:00am SLT (07:30pm – 09:30pm IST) – DJ Viky – Crazy hair Contest 08:00am – 09:00am SLT (09:30pm – 10:30pm IST) – Live Performance by Hedy Patrucci 09:00am – 10:00am SLT (10:30pm – 11:30pm IST) – Live Performance by Dilah Halostar
Sunday 13th Feb10:00am – 12:00am SLT (11:30am – 01:30pm IST) – DJ Aryan 12:00am – 01:00am SLT (01:30pm – 02:30pm IST) – DJ Abhi 01:00am – 03:00am SLT (02:30pm – 04:30pm IST) – DATE AUCTION!! 03:00am – 04:00am SLT (04:30pm – 05:30pm IST) – Seven Seas Fishing Contest 04:00am – 06:00am SLT (05:30pm – 07:30pm IST) – DJ Sam 06:00am – 08:00am SLT (07:30pm – 09:30pm IST) – DJ Viky 08:00am – 10:00am SLT (09:30pm – 11:30pm IST) – DJ Lexxy Pawpad (Best in PJ’s)
Monday 14th Feb10:00pm – 01:00am SLT (11:30am – 01:30pm IST) – DJ Aryan – Roop Ki Rani, Dillon Ka Raja Contest 01:00am – 03:00am SLT (01:30pm – 02:30pm IST) – DJ Moksha 03:00am – 04:00am SLT (04:30pm – 05:30pm IST) – Seven Seas Fishing Contest 04:00am – 06:00am SLT (05:30pm – 07:30pm IST) – DJ Sam 06:00am – 08:00am SLT (07:30pm – 09:30pm IST) – DJ Hydro Catnap 08:00am – 10:00am SLT (09:30pm – 11:30pm IST) – DJ Viky (Masquearade Valentine Ball) - Formal Event – Tux and Gowns Only – everyone wears a mask 10:00am – 11:00am SLT (11:30pm – 01:30am IST) – Live Performance by Wilson Shamrock http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shekhawati/90/120/658
Okay readers, I’m gonna apologize in advance because I have to take a detour once again. With Valentine’s Day round the corner, I have to tell you about how Shekhawati will celebrate the season of love.
Partyholics as we are, we love to enjoy every moment in SL. Valentine’s Day is just another reason. So here’s what we planned. We got a couple of live musicians to come sing for us, DJ’s to spin tunes.
We’ve got a date auction lined up. Now imagine SL hotties being auctioned off for a date…..woohoo…..
In addition, we even have the Masquerade Ball. Who doesn’t want to get decked up and wear a mask and just party the night away. I sure as hell do.
Now here is the thing, for those of you who like to fish, we even got the 7seas fishing contests!!!! How bloody cool is that huh!!
Check my next post for the line of events for the 3 days that we will celebrate love!
Now I’m not condemning anyone that walks around looking like a noob. I know I walked around in freebie skin and hair and clothes for almost a year before I realized that if I didn’t want to buy lindens, which I most definitely cannot afford to do. Spending real life money in SL just doesn’t seem sensible to me. But you have that option, so if you have a lot of excess money with no idea on how you should be spending it, go on and spent it on SL.
But if you are like me and want to not spend your hard earned cash on SL, you should get yourself a job in SL. Like I said in a previous posts, you can be anything from a hooker to a hosts or manager. Its all dependent on your skills.
Now getting to the point of my post, your avatar can look like a noob or you can make your avatar look like a super hot model or simply deck your avatar to look comfortable to your eyes. And believe me it doesn’t take too much money to look good.
The idea is to get a decent shape and skin, and then there are loads of ways you can get quality clothes for a decent price. One good place to shop without having to jump all around SL is to visit the marketplace. Here’s the link: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
Another way to get good clothes and hair and even skin is lucky chairs and hunts. I will post more about each in another post.
Have a good SL until then
So we’ve understood (or at least attempted to) SL. We’ve got ourselves an avatar and now we are standing at the info hub!! Haaaaawwwww what is this place and why can’t I move???
Chances are you are lagging the hell out!! Now lag and typo’s are the way of life in SL. You have to be fluent in typonese and you sure as hell need to learn to handle lag with a smile. So you ask, what the f*** is lag eh?
Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind. In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs. Now that is what Wiki has to say. The way I’d describe it is, if you read your chat 5 mins after you type it, or you press the “up arrow” key to move forward and you wait for your avatar to move only for it to land it a bush some 5 mins later, you are lagging!!!!
Fear not, info hubs are usually laggy anyways. Go on click on the search button on the bottom row of the screen. Go to the “Places” tab and search “club”…pick one from the search results and “teleport”. Yay!! you’ve officially used your SL super power!
Go on…..click around, search etc etc.
Tip: Search Shekhawati and come on over, we are usually there doing some non sense or the other. If you happen to sneak in when we aren’t, be sure to join our group and keep an eye out for activity at our end!
So after all what is SL (Second Life)????
The usual conflict of opinions arises from the fact that to a certain half of the large populace, SL is merely a game. A way to unwind, nothing different from the likes of World of Warcraft, Runes of Magic and the likes. The other half will strongly oppose this view of second life. To them it is about creativity, about learning, a constant education, a place to meet friends old and new.
There is also this other group of people who have business interests within SL and take it very seriously. Being the owner and creator of successful stores requires a whole lot of dedication. I’ll gladly admit I have no such dedication. but hey I have tried my hands at a lot of stuff, I just never last at any one thing for long.
So what is it to me? Its definitely a game, but I remember that the person behind the avatar is human just like me. Of course, I’m not perfect, however I do try my best to not knowingly hurt anyone on there. Somehow every feeling is amplified 10 folds in SL, so it is best to keep things simple….not always easy believe me. And therefore you will find huge “No Drama” signs all over the place, in clubs, on people’s profile, etc etc…..problem is…no one is drama free. You can try your best to stay clear of it, but it will still brush past you tainting you in its color.
Anyways….in all its beauty and its every flaw, SL is a great place to be. You meet crazily amazing people and time just about whizzes past without you knowing.
Ahhh….have you created your avatar?? Good!! Look at the next post, for where you are headed next.
So I’m back again!! This time with the photographs of the birthday gifts I received. I promised to continue with my SL story after this post, although I will not promise that there won’t be other interruptions!! The day to day can sometimes be quite intriguing! So here goes:
The red shoes, the hair, the clothes….all gifts and I love each one. The green dress ofcourse was a gift to myself….its the most beautiful outfit I’d seen and I totally love how my avatar looks wearing it. Very elegant if you ask me.
Oh click on the picture to see it larger. Next post will be a continuation from my 1st post
I did initially plan that I would make this a chronicle of my experiences in SL for the last 3 years, but the party my friends threw for me on the occasion of my birthday, forces me to take a detour..skip a few years ahead in time and describe that before going back to my SL story. I am beginning to think that these will be a regular things (the skip aheads lol) too.
So I celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday. While RL day was quite normal, my SL party simply blew my mind. I didn’t really expect much in terms of a party, just a few people coming together but the party was spectacular. The place was decked up, “happy birthday tunes played over and over, friends new and old all gathered together and we had one of those crazy events where the homos came out of the closets (lol ok thats an exaggeration). The party was great. We had DJ Sameer Hyx, DJ Viky Aura and DJ Cronus Parx spin some real great tunes, while the folks danced and talked gibberrish and well a perfect recipe for a great evening. It was a good 4 hours of fun and frolic.
I got some amazing gifts too and I will put of pictures of me in my gifts in the next post. Thsi post I have pictures of the actual event itself
When I first read about Second Life in one of Dan Brown’s books I obviously assumed it was a work of fiction. Then a few weeks later I read about it in a local newspaper (DNA) and I thought to myself “hmmm so this really exists then”. Curiosity I say is always good unless you are a cat (that quote was first heard by me in the television series NCIS), so curious as I am I decided to check it out. I googled second life and found the website http://www.secondlife.com.
After having read through the website, I was still curious, so went on to create an avatar, downloaded the client and wham there I was….a hapless noob (newbie) in second life.
My first few days in SL were strange. I kept getting called to locations that had too much nudity and sex. To add to that my computer wasn’t good enough. The graphic card etc was not up to the mark.
Well never let a little technological problem stop you right? So I went on to upgrade my computer, I got the best I could afford, which was quite good by the way. Now I seriously started exploring SL. Made a couple of friends, hung out at places and learned about this new world.
So here are the things I learnt:
1) Like all world’s this world has its own currency “Linden Dollars” represented plainly as L$. You can buy lindens by using a credit card or your PayPal account. Or you can earn it. Now earning it can be done in one of many ways:
- You can start your own business. If you can build, or can work with photoshop or create uniquely beautiful stuff, SL is the place to become a business person.
- You could work for someone. SL offers a lot of job opportunities. You could become one of many things. Just to name a few jobs in SL, you could be a host, dancer, stripper, live musician, DJ, manage clubs, etc.
- You could become a model, now here the earnings are way lower than the expenses…so I don’t really want to classify it as a job, but its there nevertheless.
- You could camp, now this is become really less, when I joined it was quite popular and I must admit to having made my first few lindens in this manner.
2) Now the good part, you can change your looks almost every minute. Seriously make no jokes in this regard. You change buy and change everything, starting with your shape to you skin to your clothes and shoes and eye color and eye lashes, nails etc etc. Its bloody fabulous. Ofcourse, if you need quality stuff you have to buy it. But for those of you who are new, you can also go to freebie islands and get yourself some freebie skins and shapes, etc. They aren’t model material, but they’ll pass. If any girls are new here, you can even contact me directly (Moksha Nightfire) and I’ll be able to help you with some quality skins and shapes even hair — FREE!! lol
3) You can be a beach bum and just roam around SL, visiting clubs, various SIMS, beaches, brothels whatever it is that you want to visit, or you could get your own home in SL. Now here too you have options. You can rent a home which would probably just let you have one building structure with limited prims (i’d rather not explain prims here, will get into that in some other post….maybe! lol). Now if you want something a little better you can rent land and put your own house on it or make whatever you like there for your home, beach home, jungle…whatever you can imagine up. This is a lot more expensive though mind you. Lastly you could rent a skybox. Remember I said the sky wasn’t the limit and this is a perfect example. Some sim owners throw out little homes high up in the sky that you can rent out. Some of these skyboxes are quite pretty mind you, letting you have multiple looks within one skybox. So now you can live on a beach one day and the next be living in a dungeon. Imagination…ahh….quite a wonderful thing it is.
I think I’ll let this be where I call a stop to my first post. In my next post I can reveal more of my life in SL!